Sunday, August 22, 2004

Learning the Ropes

It's Sept., Oct. and Nov. of 2002

Here we go. I decided to take the plunge with this online marketing thing. In this first 3 month period, I have ordered every product that Life Force has to offer. I've tried most of them and am definitely hooked. This stuff is amazing. I'm not sure why everyone isn't already taking this stuff? I am getting on every training call I can find. I'm not talking much yet. I'm hanging out in the background and taking everything in. I'm getting to know my website. I'm clicking on every link to find out what is behind them and what it's for. This is a whole new experience for me. Finally a reason to use this computer for something other than chat rooms and e-mail.

I've been a night paging operator and school bus driver now for 4 years and worked at State Farm Insurance for 2 years. My son (Derrick) graduated in June and is going to college at SDSU this fall. I have got to be able to get my finances in order quickly, to help him. My early menopause is in full bloom and my emotions seem to be getting under control. I must say that Body Balance is a wonderful product! I really do swear on the effects it has had with my emotional balance in dealing with menopause. It's nothing short of a miracle. I'm not going to have to admit myself into the mental ward for a nervous breakdown after all. :)

I'm doing buddy calls with my upline and actually talking to people. This is horrifying for me. I finally get to the point where I can introduce myself on a conference call and here I am, calling and talking to real live people! I was going by a script and I think most people could tell. I was not very confident in myself with my ability to do this. I'm not sure if I really thought this business would work at all. You know what they say about this mlm stuff. I learned how to do 3-way calls quickly. My upline, Dave Sage, helped me every step of the way. If he had not been there for me, I'm not sure I would have stayed with it. This is a real test of self confidence, discipline and ability to manage time. This is much more of a learning process than I imagined going into it. I was buying leads, calling them, and learning how to sort everything out on the computer and in my bedroom with the paperwork. Dave said I was doing great but I hated the 3-way calls with him and a prospect. The idea of talking to someone and knowing he was right there hearing everything, made me sooo nervous. He was always very good at telling me something positive before helping me with advice on how to improve.

Dave was not my direct upline though, I had to go above my enroller to find someone willing to help me. Don't let an inactive upline discourage you. Make calls or send e-mails upline until you find someone willing to help you. They have an interest in making sure you succeed. You can't get discouraged easily in this business!

It's Dec. 2002 and things are looking very good. I'm actually getting better at talking to people on the phone. I'm learning tons and these products are helping me out a great deal. Derrick (my son) and I are getting along much better because of them.

I had to come up with a business name. I thought long and hard about this. A lot of names I've seen referred to quick cash or business teams of some kind. I wrote many versions of names down that I thought of and liked. Lets see... I like my maiden name "Cash" and I wanted to be listed at the top, so I chose, ABCcash. That was a very big step for me. I have now named my own Home Business!

"ABCcash" Kind of sounds like "Easy Money" to me. :)

No comments: